Aah only 1 more day in school and then we're free for a week, can't wait :) This term has gone by so fast though, it hard to believe that we're going to be getting ready for Christmas when we come back. I won't really be free for a week though, 'cause I've two English essays due and I've to finish/start on two countries for my geography project.. oh well i'll just fit them in on a rainy day :) I'm eeexcited for Halloween aswell, though hopefully I don't get any fireworks thrown at me?
Yesterday we had a talk from my former principal of Scoil Mochua, Tony Doohan.. I love that man :) In primary school he used to teach 5th and 6th class history and would always let us read from his book, which he is now selling. He even brought us all (3 6th classes) on bikes down the Maynooth road to visit The Obelisk which was on our school crest. Yesterday he told us some old facts about Celbridge like how the bridge was blown up my someone living in St.Patrick's park.. and that everyone on the main street used to live in little mud cabins! He was eager to answer anyones questions & I'm really glad he came in because he made a really interesting presentation and I love history <3
When we come back after the midterm we only have a week of school and then we're going off on work experience! :D Ah im really excited! I'm going in to Trinity College to sit in on music lectures in the mornings and then in the afternoons I'll be working for a few hours in Opus II music shop.. I've a feeling I'm going to be wrecked after it all.. haha :) I probally won't be blogging until after the midterm.. bye til then :) x
No comments:
Post a Comment