Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Tis the season to be snowing

Well, something exciting happened today :) When I was in the car on the way to school this morning I heard on the radio that there was snow in 'Ashbourne'. I then looked up at the dull sky and decided that we probably wouldn't get snow for a while.. even though this morning was absolutely freezing. Then when I got in to school, we could hear people screaming so we looked outside and there it was - white snow-flakes (big ones) falling from the sky :D yay! It finally feels really Christmassy, its kind of sunny now though and the snow didn't stick but still, at least we know theres loads of the white stuff on the way. Exciting.
The Friday before last, all of the TYs were brought to see a ballet in O'Reilly's Theatre in Dublin - The Nutcracker. Laura from our class was in the ballet, as well as two other girls from our school, who were all great. Afterwards we were brought to McDonald's and it was absolutely delicious.. yum. On the Tuesday of the week before that (22nd of November) we were brought in to Dublin again to go and see an opera - 'Don Giovanni' which was played in the cinema. I actually did enjoy the first half of the opera - which was about an hour and a half long - but the second half really dragged, but it was still an experience! The characters were all very elaborate and great actors and actresses and singers.. but they tended to repeat the same line about 7 times before they would move on.. Still good though.
This is our last week in school before the Christmas tests, which we have about 5 of I think.. Then on the Wednesday of next week we are going bowling! :D I'm excited for that.. Then we are off on the Thursday for our Christmas holidays.. <3 Cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment